About ETA International Horse Transport
We are a Professional International Horse Transport Company, fully Defra authorised and with an International Operators Licence. We specialise in the long-distance transport of horses in the UK, Europe and all around the World.
Whether it be Horse Transport by road, sea or air we can ensure that your horse arrives when and where you require it. Uniquely, we are the only International Horse Transport Company based in Dover and as such are able to offer excellent facilities to care for your horse on route to or from the continent. Please look at our testimonials to see the standard of Horse Transport we provide.
We hope you find our horse transport website helpful, but please do not hesitate to contact us to find out more.
Sue Eggleton - Director
ETA Head Office Dover
Graham - Director
History of ETA Horse Transport
The Company was founded in 1996 and was originally based in Lancashire.
Sue and Graham Eggleton took over the business in 2005.
Sue Eggleton (nee Banyard) has had many years’ experience in the equine industry, having been a Professional Showjumper, competition coach and yard owner for over 30 years. Sue campaigned the National Show jumping Circuit for many years producing numerous horses from Novice to Grade A, before moving to Germany in 2001. Here she continued to successfully compete at this level until 2005 when on their return to the UK Sue and Graham embarked on their new venture with ETA Horse Transport. Since 2010 Sue has been competing very successfully in eventing, up to advanced level nationally and 2* international competitions. Having recently retired both her advanced event horses, Sue is bringing on her next horse that is rising 4 years old this year that is homebred. Both of the retired horses will now be used as broodmares in order to continue the succession of horses competing in the ETA black/silver colours!
Our achievements in the last eleven years speak for themselves, and our customers are more than happy to recommend us as you can read on our testimonials page.
Sue and Nachtigall - Gatcombe 2014
EHOA Rider Award 2013
Sue and Nachtigall - Somerford Park Intermediate 2015
Why Use ETA For Your Horse Transport?
- We are reliable, trustworthy, discreet and above all we care.
- We will show dedication, integrity and honesty at all times.
- Our standards will be consistently maintained whilst always striving to improve.
- We aim to provide an excellent service for a realistic price.
- We are horse people first and foremost and will treat every horse as if it were our own.
- Well maintained, clean modern vehicles, featuring the latest technology.
- A staff of 20, including those in the office, employed specifically for their equine experience.
- A prompt response to your enquiry followed by a quotation if required.
- Closely adhered to pre-arranged collection and delivery times and to be kept fully informed.
- Correct logistical planning ensuring the best possible route.
- Well trained, careful and courteous drivers, who all hold the Defra Certificate of Competence.
- Frequently disinfected vehicles.
- Your horse's welfare to come first, with all horses stabled, fed and watered at regular intervals on route.
- Our commitment is always to the horses currently in transit, we will refuse additional work to avoid delays.
- And finally ......... what we say - we do!